In today’s busy times, it is clever to buy easy clean bird cages to save you both time and money in the long run.
But first, knowing what to clean bird cages with is useful to know about if you own pet birds. Keeping your bird cages clean is vital to having healthy birds, no matter what types of birds you own. A dirty bird cage is a breeding ground for nasty parasites and germs, not to mention the fact that it could attract pesky rodents.
How Often Should You Clean Your Bird Cage?
Daily, you should:
- Clean out water and food bowls.
- Change the liner. Tip: I use newspaper. I simply cut a whole lot of layers to the size of the cage. Then each day I simply remove the top layer.
- Use a damp rag or paper towel to wipe down surfaces that are soiled.
Weekly, you should:
- If your cage has a grate on the bottom, then you need to remove it and scrub it. I personally avoid cages with grates.
- Wash out the tray at the bottom. Simply remove linings and wash, then replace linings.
- Perches should be soaked and scrubbed once a week to remove built-up feces and waste. As these can take a while to dry, it is a good idea to have some backup perches to use.
- Rotate and clean the toys. In this way, your bird won’t get bored and the toys stay clean.
Monthly, you should:
Give the cage an overall. Spray with a hose, scrub the cage bars with a scrubbing brush, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Make sure to get into all the cracks and grooves. If you spray Poopoff bird poop remover (see below) onto the cage, leave for ten minutes then simply hose the cage down, the mess simply dissolves. It also helps to own one of the easy clean bird cages below.
Thoroughly dry and air the cage before returning your bird.
Below are some products that are bound to make your life a little easier when it comes to cage cleaning and easy clean cages. If you are interested in finding out more about the products, simply click on the product titles or on the picture.
What To Clean Bird Cages With
These are great to use every day around children and pets.
Cages can be wiped to be hygienically clean with these disposable wipes in an instant.
- This bird litter controls odor with a natural pine scent
- Low dust, no mess.
- Easy cleanup.
- No artificial additives.
- This bird litter comes in a 10-pound packet.
- Birds love to forage and play in this litter, so you will need to change it often.
- This brush has a narrow design, which makes it easy to get between the bird cage bars.
- Easy to hang up using the hole in the handle.
- Lightweight, cheap and practical.
PoopOff Bird Poop Remover safely removes bird droppings from a wide array of surfaces and is the answer on what to clean bird cages with. This is non-toxic and biodegradable. I have heard that it also makes an excellent oven cleaner.
Key Features: Instantly dissolves bird droppings (even old caked-on bird droppings) to clean habitats or make foods safe Nontoxic, biodegradable formula is free of orange oil and solvents Made in the USA
The formula is safe for use even on your pet’s food. The formula works on both washable and painted surfaces, fabric, upholstery and more to provide the perfect cleaning solution for indoor and outdoor use.
This container includes 1 gallon of the formula that can be directly applied to the afflicted area or used to refill a smaller bottle. Keep your bird habitat clean with a formulation that is 100 avian safe and purchase your bottle of PoopOff today.
Some Easy Clean Bird Cages For You
Here are some easy clean bird cages that I found on Amazon which will make your life a whole lot easier.
- This Wrought Iron Select Easy To Clean Cage offers quality craftsmanship at an affordable price.
- The cage has 4 stainless steel cups, 2 wood perches, cage stand, play top and rounded seed guards are included to reduce the mess.
- a heavy-duty push button door lock keeps your bird secure.
- Durable wrought iron construction enhanced by a non-toxic, powder-coated finish.
- Measures 30 inches long x 22 inches wide x 63 inches high with 3/4-inch wire spacing.
- The cage has a caster stand for portability.
- Great for parrots and cockatiels alike.
This cage has two drawers and a bottom grille at the bottom. Both the drawers and bottom grille are removable for ease of cleaning while the rounded corner seed guards control mess around the cage.
Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Madison Removable Grille And Tray Offer Easy Cleanup Bird Cage, Color – Copper
- 58 wire spacing helps keep your bird safe inside.
- No assembly is required.
- Two perches and two cups are included.
- Large landing-style front door adds elegance and easy access.
- Removable grille and tray offer Easy Cleanup.
- Proudly made in the USA
- Durable, easy to clean with a non-toxic powder-coated finish.
- Size – 20 x 20 x 29 inches.
This cage is also easy to clean with a slide out drawer and grid.
So before you even buy your bird, make sure that you purchase one of the above or similar easy clean bird cages. This will save you so much time in the long run and make your life so much easier.