African Grey Parrot Cages You Can Use
Below you will find a selection of African Grey Parrot Cages that you can purchase online from the comfort of your own home.
Here is some general advice to follow before making your purchase.
An African Grey Parrot needs a large and suitable cage in which to live. If you don’t have space in your home for an African grey parrot cage, then don’t buy the bird in the first place.
If buying a second-hand cage, always find out the history of the cage, and if the pet died in it, why. Make sure to thoroughly disinfect the cage before placing your bird in it. It is obviously safer to buy a new cage for your African grey.
African Greys are very intelligent birds and love to play and explore, so it is vital that they are given toy’s and activities to stimulate them within their African Grey parrot cages and allow them to use their natural foraging instincts and skills
You can even make your own toys, but always check them for safety. African Grey’s have extremely strong beaks and they can turn a piece of wood into sawdust in no time at all. Make sure that the materials you use to make the toys do not shatter or splinter when being chewed, and the there are no small pieces that can be swallowed.
Natural branches make great perches for the cage, but make sure the plant is non-toxic. Otherwise, you can buy a variety of perches online.
How To Choose The Right Cage For Your Bird
When you choose a cage for your African Grey Parrot, keep the size of your bird in mind. It is always better to buy the largest cage you possibly can for your bird.
If you keep a parrot in a cage that’s too small it can lead to behavioural problems like screaming, biting, psychological disorders, and feather plucking, to name a few. A good cage should be large enough for your bird to walk around comfortably, and fully extend and flap its wings. Consult your avian veterinarian for recommended cage sizes for your particular one before you purchase any of these cages.
Here are some great African Grey Parrot Cages and Products that you can purchase from the comfort of your own home.
The reason I love to buy online is that there is so much more variety to choose from than just going to your local pet store.
4 Size, Castle PlayTop Parrot Cage For Large Macaws Cockatoos African Grey Amazon (24″ x 22″ x 63″H)
- Elegant Wrought Iron construction parrot cage with non-toxic powder coated finish that is safe for your parrot.
- Overall Dimensions: 32”L x 30”W x 70”H with an overall height (Including stand, Around seed guards and Play Top); Cage Dimensions: 24″ x 22″ x 35″H. *Free Toy Hook (Toy NOT Included)**Black Hammertone*;
- Open play top area with two wood Perches, two stainless steel cups, Bar spacing: 5/8”
- Large front swing-out door with Improved Metal Safety lock. Surround seed guards are included.
- Three Stainless Steel Cups With Swivel Solid Metal feeder doors to Prevent Spillage and Wooden Perch.
- Slide-out Metal grate and bottom Metal tray for easy cleaning, Four Swivel Casters for mobility and durability.
To find out more about how to acquire this cage or similar ones, click on the link above or on the picture.
Features of the White Vein Parrot Cage:
Bar Spacing: 3/4″
Overall Dimensions: 39″Wx31″Dx70″H (Dimensions Include Seed Skirt)
Overall Dimensions: 32″Wx23″Dx70″H (Dimensions Do NOT Include Seed Skirt)
Interior Dimensions without Stand and Play Top: 32″Wx23″Dx44″H
Size of Main Door: 13″Wx26″H
4 Seed Skirts
1 Removable Bottom Grid
1 Metal Tray
1 Nest Box Door
4 Feed Doors
4 – 30oz Stainless Steel Cups (5″ diameter) for Inside Cage
Perches (for Play Top and Inside Cage)
WROUGHT IRON POWDER COATED
Shipped in (2) boxes
Color: White Vein
See a full-sized picture of this beautiful cage by clicking on the picture of the cage.
This is an attractive cage that won’t ruin the look of your lounge or dining area.
- Overall Dimensions: 62″ H x 35.25″ W x 29.5″ D (With Seed Skirt)
- WROUGHT IRON POWDER COATED CAGE
- Interior Dimensions without stand: 28″Wx22″Dx50″H
- Bar Spacing: 5/8″
- Color : White Vein
Trusting that you will be able to find the perfect cage to suit your needs.